USC Blackboard Help for Faculty
Blackboard is USC’s e-learning platform. Instructors use Blackboard to post and distribute course content such as syllabi and handouts, to communicate with students via announcements and email, to assess student learning through quizzes and online assignments, and much more.
A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at USC, although each course is hidden from the students until the instructor chooses to make the course available to students.
- Fall courses courses are automatically created on April 15,
- Spring courses are created on November 15, and
- Summer courses are created on March 15.
This streamlines the course creation process and supports the Provost’s Emergency Preparedness initiative. In the event of a campus closure or suspension of classes, the availability of courses in Blackboard will help USC instructors connect with students and continue teaching in a timely way.
If you are enrolled in one of USC’s online graduate degree programs, please note that Blackboard may not be the learning management system used in your course. Visit USCNow.usc.edu for more information.
- Call (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Schedule a callback from Blackboard Support (FACULTY ONLY): https://uscbbhelp.youcanbook.me/
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- lynda.com also offers several hours of additional Blackboard 9 training movies for both instructors and students.