Help for Faculty
A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at USC. Each course is hidden from the students until the instructor chooses to make the course available to students. Not Available indicates the course is hidden from students, you always have access.
- Fall courses are automatically created on April 15,
- Spring courses are automatically created on November 15, and
- Summer courses are automatically created on March 15.
ITS also disables student access to completed Blackboard courses approximately eight weeks after the last day of classes, as listed on USC’s academic calendar .
- Student access to summer semester courses ends on October 1.
- Student access to fall semester courses ends on February 1.
- Student access to spring semester courses ends on July 1.
In the event of a campus closure or suspension of classes, the availability of courses in Blackboard will help USC instructors connect with students and continue teaching in a timely way.
If you are enrolled in one of USC’s online graduate degree programs, please note that Blackboard may not be the learning management system used in your course.
- Call (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Schedule a callback from Blackboard Support (FACULTY ONLY): https://uscbbhelp.youcanbook.me/
- Send an email to email@example.com.
Enterprise Learning Technology provides technical support and consultation for Blackboard, Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, Clickers, and other academic technologies.