Using the USC Libraries’ ARES Course Reserves System in Blackboard
You can now quickly connect your Blackboard course(s) to ARES, USC Libraries’ e-reserves system. ARES allows students to access course Libraries-managed e-reserves materials ranging from PDFs, Word documents, and web links to full text journal articles and instructor uploads.
Linking Your Blackboard Course with ARES
- Access your Blackboard course and then, under Course Tools (in the Course Management area at the bottom of your course menu), click Course Reserves Administration.
NOTE: It will take several seconds for ARES to respond to the click you make in Blackboard.
- Once the ARES page is displayed, click on the Add Reserve Items on the left side of the window. This will allow you to add different types of media to your course for students to use.
- Click on your desired media type and fill in the appropriate information to put it on reserve.
Giving Students Access to Your ARES Materials
- Click the content folder on your course menu.
- Click Tools.
- Click More Tools.
- Click Ares Course Reserves
- On the next page, you can change the link name, enter descriptive text, enable date restrictions, and more. Click Submit to create the link.
To View the Link as a Student
Click the Course Reserves link you just created (see above). NOTE: It will take several seconds for ARES to respond.