A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at USC.
- Spring courses are automatically created on November 15
- Summer courses are created on March 15
- Fall courses are created on April 15
It is possible to combine, or merge, multiple courses in Blackboard into one course. This is often done to streamline communications and content for multiple sections of one course. To learn more and request a merge, please visit this help guide: Merging Courses.
- Browser Support
Is your browser supported? Run a browser check. You should use Chrome or Firefox. Do not use Safari or Internet Explorer.
- The Blackboard Content Editor
The content editor appears when adding content into Blackboard. It allows you to add and format text and media content.
- Making a Course Available to Students
Allowing students to access a blackboard course.
- Uploading a Syllabus
Copy a syllabus from your computer to Blackboard.
- Uploading Files
Copying files from your computer to Blackboard.
Content Folders are handy for organizing materials within a particular content area.
- Sending Email
Using Blackboard to communicate with your students via email
- Viewing a Course’s Photo Roster
The photo roster displays the official USCCard ID photographs of enrolled students.
- Viewing a Course’s Roster/Users
Learn how to list your current course roster.
- Creating Grade Center Columns
Creating new, empty score columns in Blackboard’s Grade Center into which you can enter students’ grades.
- Entering Student Grades
Entering Grades into the Course Grade Book.
- Blackboard Vocabulary
Definitions of common words used in Blackboard.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Blackboard Support Team by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.