A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at USC.
- Spring courses are automatically created on November 15,
- Summer courses are created on March 15, and
- Fall courses are created on April 15.
- Browser Support
Is your browser supported? Run a browser check.
- The Blackboard Content Editor
The editor appears throughout the system as the default editor.
- Making a Course Available to Students
Allowing students to access a blackboard course.
- Uploading a Syllabus
Copy a syllabus from your computer to Blackboard.
- Uploading Files
Copying files from your computer to Blackboard.
- Sending Email
Using Blackboard to communicate with your students via email
- Viewing a Course’s Photo Roster
The photo roster displays the official USCCard ID photographs of enrolled students.
- Viewing a Course’s Roster/Users
Learn how to list your current course roster.
- Creating Grade Center Columns
Creating new, empty score columns in Blackboard’s Grade Center into which you can enter students’ grades.
- Entering Student Grades
Entering Grades into the Course Grade Book.
- Select the Page Where Users Enter Your Course (Movie, 1:49)
Set or change the page that students land on when they enter the course.
- Blackboard Vocabulary
Definitions of common words used in Blackboard.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff can also request the following specialized Blackboard support services: