lynda.com + Blackboard
Looking to add the world’s best how-to videos to your Blackboard courses? Want your students to learn how to create infographics for their reports, do a one-sample chi-squared test in SPSS, or even write a simple research paper? ITS has some great news for you. You now have the ability to add any of lynda.com’s 6,300, engaging, top-quality courses and more than 267,000 video tutorials to your Blackboard courses … at no charge to either you or your students!
Adding a lynda.com video to your Blackboard course is as simple as logging into https://itservices.usc.edu/lynda/, creating a playlist, adding the videos to the playlist, and linking it to your Blackboard course. You can even set it up so that lynda.com reports back to Blackboard’s grade book which students have watched the videos.
To begin using lynda.com videos in a blackboard course, you need to complete two-steps:
- First, create a “Web Link” in your Blackboard course. Students will click this link to access the videos. Learn how to create the web link by clicking here!
- Then from within lynda.com: create a playlist, add videos to the playlist, and link the playlist to your blackboard course. Learn how to create the lynda.com playlist by clicking here!
- Not sure how to log into lynda, click here!
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to email@example.com.