Forums, Blogs, Journals, and Wikis
The Discussion Board is an important tool for interpersonal interaction and can replicate the robust discussions that take place in the traditional classroom.
Blogs encourage students to clearly express their ideas and addresses the need to expand various aspects of social learning.
- Creating a Blog (Movie, 02:19)
- Posting and Editing Blog Entries (Movie, 02:15)
- Commenting on a Blog Entries (Movie, 01:27)
The Journals tool offers students the opportunity to reflect on course content and communicate privately with you.
- Create a Personal Writing Space for Student Self-Reflection (Movie, 03:25)
- Provide Formative Feedback on Student Journal (Movie, 01:42)
Wikis are essentially collaborative collections of information that use interlinked pages to present and organize the data.
- Create a Collaborative Space within Your Course (Movie, 02:01)
- Provide Summative Feedback on Student Contributions (Movie, 01:58)
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.