3rd Party Integrations
Blackboard Inc., periodically releases new functionality (i.e., updates to existing tools and/or entirely new tools). USC typically installs major Blackboard upgrades only once a year during the winter break. In addition, USC never makes changes or adds new features to Blackboard in the middle of an academic term.
The USC Blackboard Team is occasionally asked to review, test, evaluate, and possibly install third-part applications, like Turnitin. Visit any of the below links to learn more about applications that “extend” Blackboards’ shipping functionality.
- ARES Course Reserves – Cnnect your Blackboard course(s) to ARES, USC Libraries’ e-reserves system.
- Turnitin Studio (New) – Turnitin checks students’ submitted work for text matches to outside sources.
- Turnitin – Turnitin checks students’ submitted work for text matches to outside sources.
- Qwickly & Qwickly Attendance – Communicate with members of multiple courses and take attendance from within Blackboard.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – A synchronous online collaborative learning and web conferencing tool that is launched from within your course.
- lynda.com – Learn how to embed lynda.com lessons in your Blackboard course.
- Blackboard Organizations – Organization are intended to provide the functionality of a course site to groups that do not fit the definition of a course.
- Blackboard Instructor App – Gives students and faculty access to their courses, content, and organizations on a variety of mobile devices.
- Poll Everywhere – learn how to conduct in-class polling, and more . . .
- LTI Integration – a protocol to allow third party learning applications (or “tool providers”) to integrate with Blackboard.
- Clickers/ResponseWare (Classroom Polling)
Learn How To: Obtain a classroom response device, register that device, troubleshoot problems, and more…
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff can also request the following specialized Blackboard support services: