Merging Courses (Faculty Only)
Blackboard Course Availability Overview
It is possible to combine or merge course sections in Blackboard. Once courses are merged, you LOSE access to the child sections. A “new” section is created and it is in that section that you work. Here’s the details:
Here’s what you need to do to initiate the process:
- Send an email to [email@example.com] requesting us to work with you on combining course sections
- Send us the course identifiers of the courses you want combined, for example:
- etc . . .
- IMPORTANT: You must correctly list each section that needs combined.
- Please double-check them before sending them to us.
- Include the ID of the course that we need to copy into the parent course for you, for example 201##_XXXX_###_####
- Only the Blackboard Administrator’s can do the copying for you
- Please include a phone number where you can be reached, because we may need to reach you if we have any questions.
- This process will be completed during normal USC business hours.
After combining course sections, you only see a “master” course and work EXCLUSIVELY in that course. Students continue to see their original course; however, you WILL NOT have access to these sections.
After merging, the child course(s) will be unavailable and new content can be added to the parent course only.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.