Creating a Grade Rule
Create Early Warning System Rule and Send Notifications (Movie, 3:20)
A Grade Rule informs you if any of your Students do not meet a certain score on an assignment or assessment. The score and assignment or total points must be pre-determined by you. In order to do this you must create the Grade Rule.
To create the Grade Rule:
- Access the Early Warning System under the Evaluation tab in the Control Panel.
- Tab over Create Rule and select Grade Rule from the Menu.
- Enter a name for the new Grade Rule.
- Select the Availability for the rule. (Best to leave this to available if the test/assignment has been deployed.)
- Select the test/assignment you want the new rule to take into account.
Note: Be aware that selecting “Total” will check for total number of points, and unless all assignments are graded and accounted for you will receive many notifications.
- Define the criteria for testing the rule. This can either be less than or equal to, equal to, or greater than or equal to.
- Select the value, in points or percentage, for the rule to test.
- Click Submit.