Removing a Co-Instructor, TA, or Grader
IMPORTANT: Instructors are removed automatically from courses on Blackboard if they were entered and then deleted in the Student Information System (SIS) by your department’s course scheduling coordinator. Users that should no longer have access to a course should be deleted by the department’s course scheduling coordinator.
Blackboard prevents you from accidentally removing manually added co-instructors, displaying the following error message in red when you attempt to do so: “Cannot remove Instructor users from course. Only the Blackboard System Administrator can remove Instructor users from a course.”
To request that a “manually added” user be removed from a course you need to submit an email to email@example.com. Include the following in the email:
- The user-id you used to log into Blackboard
- The course-id, e.g., 201##_XXX_###_#####
- The user-id and name of the user you want to remove, and finally
- A statement about why you need to remove this user.
Please note that Blackboard’s user data including instructor assignments comes directly from USC’s Student Information System (SIS). If the co-instructor is still assigned to teach the course in SIS, he or she will automatically be re-enrolled in your course within an hour or two. To prevent this from happening, please contact your department’s course scheduling coordinator and request that the coordinator remove the co-instructor in SIS before sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to email@example.com.