Enroll a Co-Instructor
You do not need to manually enroll co-instructors, if the co-instructor was “officially” assigned to teach the course.
Please note that if you manually add a co-instructor to your course they will NOT receive the link, from the Office of the Provost, to the end-of-semester evaluation.
When an instructor is officially assigned to teach a course, that instructor is automatically added to that Blackboard course.
There are two ways to enroll a co-instructor. The official [automatic] way is to contact your course’s department course scheduling coordinator and request that the coordinator add the co-instructor into your course(s). Your department’s course scheduling coordinator is usually located in your department’s main office.
To ‘unofficially’ [manually] enroll someone a co-instructor in your Blackboard course:
- Click Users & Groups in the lower left corner of the course’s Course Management area.
- Click Users.
- Go to Find Users to Enroll (Note: This step confuses some. Do NOT click or use the search box. Instead, click the Find Users to Enroll button in the upper left corner of the page.)
- Choose the co-instructor you wish you manually enroll.
- If you know the co-instructor’s Blackboard username, manually type it into the Username box. Do NOT click the browse button. Instead, once you have keyed in the co-instructor’s username, proceed directly to step 5.
- If you do not know the co-instructor’s Blackboard username, leave the Username box empty and click the Browse button and then search for the co-instructor.
Tip: If the co-instructor has a common last name, search for the co-instructor’s official email address instead (you can find most student email addresses in USC’s online student directory at https://my.usc.edu/wp/faculty/SearchForm.do). Once you have located the co-instructor in Blackboard, select the co-instructor and then in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window, click Submit.
- In the Role pull-down list, choose Instructor.
- Leave Enrollment Availability set to Yes.
- Click Submit.
Repeat steps 3 through 7 for each additional co-instructor you wish to add.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help and training from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.