The Content Collection Areas
The Blackboard Content Collection is an area of the blackboard server where files are stored. These files can be linked into courses and/or shared by the owner with other users on the system.
A unique characteristic of the Content Collection is that the files “saved” and/or “stored” on the server are accessible via the Internet. That is, if you were to upload a file, e.g., a syllabus or a paper that you are writing to the content collection, you would have access to those documents as long as you have access to the Internet.
- Locate the Content Collection tab underneath the Course Management menu.
- You will be automatically placed in your “home directory” where the majority of your files are stored.
- You can return to the “home directory” in a couple of different ways:
- Reclicking the Content Collection link under Course Management.
- Press the Parent Folder button “” until you reach the “home directory.”
- You can search your content from the Course Management -> Content Collection -> Basic/Advanced Search.