Blackboard Instructor App
Now, much of the core content that you post to your Blackboard courses will automatically be available for you and your students to view from their mobile devices.
The Blackboard Instructor application is available for free to all USC Faculty, TA’s, and Course Builders’.
Blackboard Instructor is the new mobile and tablet-optimized app for iOS, Android, and Windows. This app focuses on workflows that are most important to instructors.
- Now: The Blackboard Instructor app is available globally in iOS, Android, and Windows app stores.
- August 1: Mobile Learn is schedule for removal from the app stores.
- August 31: Support for Mobile Learn is scheduled to end.
- Search for Blackboard Instructor in your device’s application store or click the appropriate hyperlink below:
- Once Blackboard Instructor is installed, search for and select either USC or University of Southern California using the search bar that automatically appears when you open the app.
- Log in using the same username and password you normally use to access Blackboard.
Using Blackboard Instructor in Your Classes
- Blackboard Instructor
- Blackboard Instructor App Tour (YouTube)
- Collaborate in Blackboard Instructor
- Creating Mobile Friendly Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a cost associated with the Blackboard Instructor application?
A: No. USC licenses Blackboard Instructor for anyone teaching or supporting an instructor in Blackboard. There is no charge to the users.
Q: What is the difference between USC – University of Southern California and USC – Distance Education Network?
A: Clicking USC – University of Southern California lets you access USC’s main Blackboard server at blackboard.usc.edu using your USC username and password. Click this if you are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course at USC. Clicking USC – Distance Education Network takes you to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s Office of Graduate and Professional Programs distance learning portal at www.uscden.net. You should only click this if you are enrolled in an engineering online masters or certificate program and have also created a DEN profile.
Q: Why can’t I access the Grade Center in the app?
A: Unfortunately, the Blackboard Instructor app does not currently support Grade Center functionality to input and view student grades. However, we understand it is needed for instructors to leverage the app, and are currently developing the Grade Center for future releases.
Q: Where can I get more information about using Blackboard Instructor on my mobile device?
A: For more information, browse or search the Blackboard Instsructor help site at http://help.blackboardmobile.com/ or visit https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Instructor