Running and Saving a Course Report
Running and Saving a Course Report (Movie 3:51)
Course Reports provides different ways to view information about student activity, content usage, course standards, and course objectives.
Running Content Usage Reports
When Statistics Tracking is enabled, statistics for a specific content item within your course can be viewed. This is called a Content Usage report.
The reports are divided into sections:
- Hour of Day
- Day of Week
QUICK STEPS: running a content item usage report
- In Edit Mode, in the Content Area, click the item’s Action Link to access the contextual menu.
- Select View Statistics Report.
- On the Course Reports page, click the Action Link for Content Usage to access the contextual menu.
- Select Run.
- On the Run Reports page, select the Report Specifications.
- Click Submit.
About Course Usage Reports
Statistics for your course can be displayed in course usage reports. Statistics include how often areas of your course are accessed, when, and by which students. This information can help you determine the following:
- Which course areas need highlighting or reorganizing
- Which topics to use for a class discussion
- Which students need assistance
Four types of reports are available, and your choice depends on the type of course statistics you want to view.
The following table describes each of the four reports.
|User Activity in Content Areas||
TIP: Consider whether the location of the Content Area within the course structure affects access.
|User Activity in Forums||
|User Activity in Groups||
|Overall Summary of User Activity||