In-Class Polling (Poll Everywhere)
Poll Everywhere is a simple application that works well for live audiences using mobile devices like phones. People participate by visiting a fast mobile-friendly web page for your event, sending text messages, or using Twitter. Instructions are displayed on-screen. The poll that is embedded within Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Slides, or web page will update in real time. Advanced uses include texting comments to a presentation, texting questions to a presenter, responding via the web, and SMS interactivity in print, radio, and TV.
You can respond by following the instructions shown on the poll when it is displayed. You send a text message to the number 22333. The format of your response is determined by the type of poll. More detailed information can be found in the User Guide.
You can also respond via the poll’s web page on PollEverywhere.com, or via an embeddable voting widget, or on a mobile web browser using PollEv.com, or even through Twitter.
To begin using Poll Everywhere, as an instructor, you will need to be sent an invitation. After accepting the invitation you will have access to the Poll Everywhere [https://www.polleverywhere.com/]. You will need to go to the above link to create polls. To learn more, start here:
- Introducing Poll Everywhere Video (Movie, 1:57)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting Started with Poll Everywhere (Movie, 44:01)
A weekly interactive lesson on the basics of how to create a poll, customize polls, insert the slides into Powerpoint, and run reports. Every Thursday at 1pm PST/4pm EST: www.poll4.com/webinar
These links will take you to the Poll Everywhere “Video Library”. The videos are “short” and topical; here’s a video that demonstrates how students “Respond to polls from a Mobile Device“:
Integrations’ allow for the sharing of data between Blackboard our Learning Management System (LMS) and Poll Everywhere. Follow these steps to finish configure your Poll Everywhere grade book for integration with Blackboard.
Poll Everywhere Technical Support:
- email Support: https://www.polleverywhere.com/contact-support or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United States: (800) 388-2039 (5:00 am – 5:00 pm PST)
- International: +1 (773) 382-0377
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 9 pm EST
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Faculty and staff can also request the following specialized Blackboard support services: