Copying Course Content from One Course to Another
- On the Home tab, under My Courses Plus, click the old course—the course whose content you would like to copy.
- In the course’s Course Management area, under Packages and Utilities, click Course Copy.
- Under Select Copy Type, choose Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Under Select Copy Options, click Browse.
- Select the course into which you would like your content copied.
- Click Submit.
- Under Select Course Materials, check each and every checkbox – even if you only want to copy certain items. [Because of the way that Blackboard stores certain files and items, complete course copies are almost always more successful than partial copies.]
- Under File Attachments, click “Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory” for both Course Files Default Directory and Files Outside of the Course Default Directory.
- Ignore Calculate Size and Manage Package Contents.
- IMPORTANT: Under Enrollments, uncheck Include Enrollments in the Copy. [Checking Include Enrollments in the Copy enrolls your prior course’s students in your new course.]
- Click Submit. Blackboard will send you an email message when the course copy is complete.
Please note that if you copy linked tools, e.g., a deployed test, the link to the test will not work. Whenever you are dealing with a linked tool like a test, first copy of the test, then deploy it.