Content Collection: Upload a Single File
You can upload individual files as large as 100 megabytes to Blackboard and there is no limit to the number of individual files that you can upload. For files larger than 100 megabytes — particularly if those files are large videos — contact your school’s local IT support staff. Many schools offer their faculty access to file and video streaming servers especially designed for streaming large files. You can then link to those files from within your Blackboard course. For instructions on how to do this, please watch “Adding URLs: Linking to Web Pages and Web Sites, to Documents Stored on the Internet, or to Other Internet Resources.”
It is easy to transfer or copy a file from your local workstation to the content collection.
- From within the content collection, click Upload from the navigation bar.
- Select Upload Files from the drop down dialogue box.
- Click Browse to locate the file to upload to the content collection.
- To overwrite a file with the same name, select this option.
- Within the Options area, enable those options that meet your particular needs. For example, if you would like to record each access to the resource, select the checkbox adjacent to “Enable Tracking.”
- Click Submit to upload the file to the content collection, see below.
- The document was successfully uploaded or transferred from my workstation to the content collection and placed in my home directory.
- The document, in this case, a file named “Syllabus.docx” was placed in the content collection.