You can upload individual files as large as 100 megabytes to Blackboard and there is no limit to the number of individual files that you can upload. For files larger than 100 megabytes — particularly if those files are large videos — contact your school’s local IT support staff. Many schools offer their faculty access to file and video streaming servers especially designed for streaming large files. You can then link to those files from within your Blackboard course.
For instructions on how to do this, please watch “Adding URLs: Linking to Web Pages and Web Sites, to Documents Stored on the Internet, or to Other Internet Resources.”
Uploading Files (Movie, 02:00)
- In Edit Mode, access an existing content area [e.g., Content, Syllabus, Assignments] on the Course Menu.
- On the Action Bar, click Build Content.
- Click Item.
- On the Create Item page, enter the item’s Name (required) and and any accompanying Text (optional).
- To add a file, click Browse My Computer. Repeat this step to add additional files.
- Under Options select Yes for Permit Users to View the Content Item to make the item available to students,
- Click Submit.