Item Analysis (Movie, 5:00)
Item analysis provides statistics on overall test performance and individual test questions. This data helps you recognize questions that might be poor discriminators of student performance. You can use this information to improve questions for future test administrations or to adjust credit on current attempts.
Roles with grading privileges (such as instructors, graders, and teaching assistants) access item analysis in three locations within the assessment workflow. It is available in the contextual menu for a:
- Test deployed in a content area.
- Deployed tests listed on the Tests page.
- Grade Center column.
- Item analysis only works on tests with submitted attempts, not on surveys.
- You can access previously run Item Analyses under the Available Analysis heading.
- New analyses are also available under the Available Analysis heading once they have been run.
- Go to one of the previously listed locations to access item analysis (see above).
- Access the test’s contextual menu from the downward facing chevron on its right.
- Select Item Analysis
- In the Select Test drop down list, select a test. Only deployed tests are listed.
- Click Run
- View the item analysis by clicking the new report’s link under the Available Analysis heading or by clicking view analysis in the status receipt at the top of the page.
For an explanation of the individual items on the Item Analysis page check out the Blackboard Support page here.