Tests and Quizzes
No purely online assessment system can prevent all forms of cheating. Unless you are giving the test as a proctored computer lab test, you should consider Blackboard assessments tantamount to a take-home exam. If you are not comfortable with take-home exams, you should not be using Blackboard for assessments.
Creating a Test (Movie, 03:50)
Learn how to create a test that Blackboard will automatically grade.
Getting Started with Building a Test (Acrobat Acrobat, PDF)
This is a Blackboard Resource Guide that you can Print out as a handy reference.
Creating Tests: Using the Tests Tool, Adding a Test, Specifying Test Creation Settings, and Creating Questions
Learn how to manage a modify a test and choose to whom you wish to distribute the test.
Creating Mobile Tests: Using the Mobile Tests Tool, Adding a Mobile Test, Specifying Mobile Test Creation Settings, and Creating Questions for Mobile
Learn how to manage a modify a mobile test and choose to whom you wish to distribute the mobile test.
Deploying Tests: Adding Tests to Content Areas and Setting Test Options
After a test or a survey is created, the next step is to deploy it to users in a course. This is a two-step process: adding the test or survey to a course area and then making it available.
Viewing and Grading Tests: Grading Tests, Overriding Grades, and Clearing Attempts
A Grade Center column is created automatically for each test created and linked in the course. A test that has been submitted, but not graded, is indicated with an exclamation mark—the needs grading icon. Although Blackboard Learn scores many question types, some questions need to be graded manually, such as essays, short answer questions, and file response questions.
Tour the Question Finder Feature (Movie, 04:36)
Blackboard has a number of different questions types that you can add to your online tests, quizzes, and examinations. The following are individual movies that demonstrate how to add the various questions:
- Creating a True or False Question (Movie, 02:25)
- Creating a Multiple Choice Question (Movie, 02:54)
- Creating a Multiple Answer Question (Movie, 03:35)
- Creating an Essay Question (Movie, 02:00)
- Creating a Fill in the Blank Question (Movie, 02:56)
- Creating a Fill in Multiple Blanks Question (Movie, 03:23)
- Creating a Matching Question (Movie, 03:27)
- Creating an Ordering Question (Movie, 03:12)
- Creating a Jumbled question (Movie, 03:52)
- Creating a Hot Spot Question (Movie, 03:29)
- Creating a Calculated Numeric Question (Movie, 02:30)
- Creating a Calculated Formula Question (Movie, 03:19)
It is also possible to reuse questions, see Adding an Existing Question to a Test (Movie, 02:27)