Adding Tools to the Course Menu
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON.
- click the Create Item (plus sign) icon above the Course Menu.
- Select the Tool Link.
- Enter a Name for the link.
- From the Type drop-down list, select the tool to add.
- Select whether the tool will be Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If you create a link to a tool, e.g., Discussion Board, that you have disabled, i.e., turned-off, then it will not be available to your students and the link to the tool will not produce the desired results. Only link to “available” tools from the course menu if you want students to be able to access or launch the tool from the course menu.