Help for Faculty
A Blackboard course is automatically created for every course at USC. Each course is hidden from the students until the instructor chooses to make the course available to students. Not Available indicates the course is hidden from students, you always have access.
- Fall courses are automatically created on April 15,
- Spring courses are automatically created on November 15, and
- Summer courses are automatically created on March 15.
ITS also disables student access to completed Blackboard courses approximately eight weeks after the last day of classes, as listed on USC’s academic calendar .
- Student access to summer semester courses ends on October 1.
- Student access to fall semester courses ends on February 1.
- Student access to spring semester courses ends on July 1.
In the event of a campus closure or suspension of classes, the availability of courses in Blackboard will help USC instructors connect with students and continue teaching in a timely way.
If you are enrolled in one of USC’s online graduate degree programs, please note that Blackboard may not be the learning management system used in your course.
- Call our Blackboard Help line 24 hours a day, every day at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 2.
- Faculty can request help from USC’s Enterprise Learning Technologies group by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff can also request the following specialized Blackboard support services: